Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki Syntax and Chicken for Python Programmers

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Wiki Syntax and Chicken for Python Programmers
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 23:37:35 -0500

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Jack Trades<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Jim Ursetto <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Why do you need parameters?
>
> Unless I'm misunderstanding;  to colorize cells and align text.

OK.  Well, inserting direct HTML into the wiki is probably
semantically bad, but given the non-existent support for native table
formatting, I don't think anyone will object if you want to spruce it
up.

I sometimes use nowiki anyway for tables simply because the parser
behaves strangely, e.g. wrapping cell bodies in <p> tags; creating
spurious empty code blocks if your table tags are indented; starting a
numbered list if you put #:keyword in a cell.

> Is there a "test" page I can play around with to check these things out?

I usually just use a new page and the Preview button ;)  There is no
sandbox.  I suppose you could make one, but it won't be automatically
reverted.