Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 4 development snapshots

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 4 development snapshots
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:20:13 -0300

Hi Ivan

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 09:33:23 +0900 Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

>   I don't know enough about how the RSS feeds are constructed to
> answer this question. I will have to discuss with Mario and see what
> we can do. I can only say that there will have to be a separate run of
> Salmonella for Chicken 3 and 4, respectively, but I have no idea how
> the build logs are parsed.

If you keep the log format as it is, probably salmonella-log2atom.scm
won't need any change (this program parses the log file and generates
the RSS feeds).

As far as I can see and remember, getting salmonella to work with
chicken 4 would need:

* adapting the http request to get the repo tree (salmonella uses the
  http egg)

* check the chicken version and use the programs/arguments accordingly
  (chicken-install instead of chicken-setup and its proper arguments)

* other things that I don't remember right now, but I'm willing to
  check.

Best wishes.
Mario