Re: [Chicken-users] Imlib2 Egg Question

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Imlib2 Egg Question
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:02:42 +0200

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 07:28:48PM -0400, bill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick question - is there any plan to add the imlib-context-set calls to
> the imlib2 egg?
>
> Or in other words, how do you connect the image to a X-window?

Currently, I don't have any plans for extending the imlib2 egg.  However,
I do think exposing the ugly guts of imlib's context stuff is a good idea.

I'm not familiar with the imlib2 API X window stuff.  I see there's an
example of imlib_context_set_drawable but there's no API docs for it...

If you really need this, please consider submitting a patch to do this.
You can send it to me directly and we can discuss it.

I'd like to add to this that I've been told by the enlightenment people
on IRC that imlib2 and epeg are now deprecated in favor of evas, so if
you intend to do very heavy hacking on the imlib2 egg, you probably want
to consider writing an egg for evas, instead.  I intend to do this some
day in the future when I'm done hacking on all the HTTP crap ;)

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx