Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Problems installing eggs

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Problems installing eggs
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 21:31:04 -0500

Regarding objc, it's in the repository but incomplete.  Regarding
MacPorts, if you *always* want to look in a nonstandard location for
libraries, you should be able to add /opt/local/lib and
/opt/local/include to the gcc/ld flags when you compile Chicken.
Easiest way to do this is probably to edit Makefile.macosx and add

C_COMPILER_OPTIONS += -I/opt/local/include
LINKER_OPTIONS += -L/opt/local/lib

You also need to `make confclean` before compiling. This should work.

With chicken-setup it used to be possible to add includes and library
paths on the fly and pass them to csc using the -c option.  Although
that's not directly possible with Chicken 4, you can use the
CSC_OPTIONS env variable to achieve the same result:

CSC_OPTIONS="-L/opt/local/lib -I/opt/local/include" chicken-install4
[module-name]

I do this when building the sql-de-lite module so it sees the local
copy of sqlite3 3.6 in my home directory under ~/local.