[Chicken-users] Deviations from the Standard

From: Sam Varner
Subject: [Chicken-users] Deviations from the Standard
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 20:24:50 -0400

Stage 2 of my nit-picking tour through the Chicken docs;)

In "Deviations from the standard"
http://chicken.wiki.br/man/4/Deviations%20from%20the%20standard could
someone provide some rationale for the deviations?  It's not a big deal
to me if Chicken doesn't follow R5RS to the letter, I'd just like to
know the reasons.  The numeric tower issue is explained in the FAQ, but
it's not clear if the others are design decisions, compromises, or bugs.
Thanks.