[Chicken-users] Advice on require, use, import, etc.

From: Sam Varner
Subject: [Chicken-users] Advice on require, use, import, etc.
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:52:21 -0400

I'm confused about the different ways to load extensions.  So brace
yourself for some newbie questions and feel free to state the obvious.

     1. Should I prefer 'import' if it's available?  E.g (import srfi-4)
        instead of (use srfi-4).
     2. Should I turn my own libraries into modules and 'import' instead
        of 'require'?
     3. With any of these methods, what do I need to do to make sure
        that the macro definitions are properly loaded?
     4. When should 'import-for-syntax' be used?
     5. Do any of the answers to the questions above depend on whether
        I'm compiling or interpreting?
     6. Are there situations where other means (load, require-extension,
        etc.) would be the way to go?

Thanks.