Re: [Chicken-users] Does Chicken garbage collect unreferenced symbols?

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Does Chicken garbage collect unreferenced symbols?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:10:59 +0100

On 22 Aug 2009, at 11:43 pm, John Cowan wrote:

If symbols aren't gc'd now, I'd like to argue for them to be.  In an
application I'm writing, I want to generate lots of random symbols at
runtime so they can be looked up more quickly in a-lists, but I don't
necessarily want them hanging around forever.

Is that necessarily the best solution to your problem, though?
Anything with an identity (a cons cell, for example) will work as a
'token' for a-list lookups?

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym