Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Chicken fails to build on Windows (mingw)

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Chicken fails to build on Windows (mingw)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:30:43 +0200

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Fadi Moukayed<address@hidden> wrote:

> This is probably because Windows' del command doesn't like the duplicated
> backslash / forward slash in the middle of the path. xcopy seems to be ok
> with it for some reason though. Fortunately, make install/uninstall work
> fine after doing some minor modifications to the makefiles - like replacing
> all the unixish path separators in rules.make with $(SEP) (ugly, I know).

Thanks, Fadi! I've applied most of the patch and could build and install
it fine. I'm not sure about the change to SEP - I don't really understand
the nested subst expression. The problem is that any change to defaults.make
and rules.make has to be tested with all platforms, so I try to be
careful modifying things there.

> I don't know whether this is useful, but I pastebin'd a diff containing the
> changes I made to hack(fix) the install/uninstall process here:
> http://pastebin.com/m51e3001f - I didn't put much effort into it though; I
> just hacked around the various problems until it worked :d

That's pretty good. Thanks, once again.