Re: [Chicken-users] Modules and environments

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Modules and environments
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:20:33 +0200

2009/8/30 Peter Bex <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> If (print (environment-has-binding? (interaction-environment) 'hello))
> shows #f, then I would expect (eval '(hello) (interaction-environment))
> to fail, but it simply prints "hello".
> [...]

Hello,

following your logic, the code

  (use environments)

  (eval
    '(define-syntax hello (syntax-rules () [(hello) (print "hello")]))
    (interaction-environment))

  (print
    (environment-has-binding? (interaction-environment) 'hello))

  (eval
    '(hello)
    (interaction-environment))

should also fail in the fourth statement, since the third statement
prints #f ...

I don't think the behaviour of CHICKEN's module system is buggy here,
it's just not very intuitive.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
All these theories, diverse as they are, have two things in common: They
explain the observed facts, and they are completely and utterly wrong.