Re: [Chicken-users] Error building sxpath egg

From: Virgil King
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Error building sxpath egg
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 15:30:01 -0700

2009/9/1 Peter Bex <address@hidden>:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 05:53:10PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>> Virgil King scripsit:
>>
>> > Does anyone have any suggestions? The other eggs I've tried have worked.
>>
>> Try installing sxpath-lolevel first, if it's not already.  The dependency
>> indicators may be broken.
>
> sxpath-lolevel is part of the sxpath egg, and it is built first, so this
> should never be an issue.
>
> I just installed it successfully on a system which did not have it
> installed yet, so perhaps something went wrong in the download, or there
> is something wrong with your chicken build?

Thanks John and Peter. I had actually tried 'chicken-install
sxpath-lolevel' but that doesn't find anything since as Peter says
it's included in the sxpath egg.

The same error happens every time I download sxpath so I would guess
it's not a download issue. Also I've been able to install all of the
other libraries that I've tried so the chicken installation seems
reasonably functional.

Was your successful test on a 10.6 system?

Thanks,
Virgil