[Chicken-users] Fwd: Newbie question - Converting SKILL/Scheme to C.

From: Yaron Kretchmer
Subject: [Chicken-users] Fwd: Newbie question - Converting SKILL/Scheme to C.
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 18:10:26 -0700

Here's a resend with no HTML :P
------------------------------- begin
resend-------------------------------------

Hi All.
Just joined the group, so forgive my newbie questions :)

I have some legacy code written in SKILL (a variant of Scheme) which
I'm trying to convert to C.

I tried compiling the code , and got several different error message,
and was wondering whether somebody could suggest a solution  for each
:

=======================begin problems==========================================
Problem 1 - substring
*) The code uses the "substring" function which the compiler seems to
have a problem with. So lines like
prefix = substring(dev 1 2)
create compiler error message like
Syntax error: illegal atomic form

        ()

        Expansion history:
        <syntax>                (dev 1 2)       <--

problem 2 - multi-line comments
*) The compiler doesn't recognize multi-line comments
/* comment
and more comment
end of comment */

problem 3 - Unknown object methods
*) The code refers to object methods/properties  through the use of
the "->" operator. The compiler doesn't like.
 prog( ()
    if( opptapObj->tap == "None" then return(nil) else return(t))
  ) ;prog

 generates error
Syntax error: illegal atomic form

        ()

        Expansion history:

        <syntax>                (() if (opptapObj->tap == "None" then
return (nil) else return (t)))    <--

Thanks a lot!
Yaron