Re: [Chicken-users] Error building sxpath egg

From: Virgil King
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Error building sxpath egg
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 17:21:52 -0700

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Jim Ursetto<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Virgil King<address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm having trouble installing the sxpath egg using a fresh install of
>> 4.1.0 (built with ARCH=x86-64) on Snow Leopard:
>>
>> Error: during expansion of (import ...) - unbound variable: |???|
>
> Hmm.  I was just able to build it with ARCH=x86-64 using Chicken 4.1.1
> although it was on Leopard.  The unbound variable line is suspicious;
> this sometimes occurs when there is a weird chicken piece left over
> somewhere from an old install and there is a binary format
> incompatibility.
>
> Could you capture to a file the output of:
>
> CSC_OPTIONS="-v" chicken-install sxpath
>
> so we can see what options are passed to gcc?

Taking the hint about "weird chicken pieces" I tried moving aside
/usr/local/lib/chicken/4 before reinstalling 4.1.0 and sxpath and that
fixes my issue. I did have an earlier installation of 4.X and an
sxpath library in there. Probably '(import sxpath-lolevel) was finding
the old incompatible one instead of the newly-built one?

I'm attaching the requested output in case anyone is still curious.

Thanks!
Virgil