Re: [Chicken-users] Ref foreign type.

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Ref foreign type.
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 00:28:32 -0500

Looks like there are two issues here.  First, try applying the
attached patch to fix a bug in c-backend.  Second, your usage is
incorrect--ref types require an operating system pointer or a locative
(since they can be modified)--ref is the analog of c-pointer.  For
example, you can change your example to:

(print
   (let-location ((c char #\c))
    ((foreign-lambda* bool (((ref char) mC))
     "C_return(mC == 'c');")
    (location c))))

Of course, you must then compile with csc -c++.
Jim