Re: [Chicken-users] set-file-position! only works with fixnums

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] set-file-position! only works with fixnums
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 00:30:45 -0400

Kon Lovett scripsit:

> Possible is adding a int64_t heap type. But involves hitting every
> piece of code that any extension of the core number system would.

Indeed.  If we're going to do that, I'd rather go with core bignums
after all, perhaps from LibTomMath (which is dedicated to the public
domain by its author), and dispose of the issue once and for all.

> Changed posixunix to use fseeko, ftello and treat lseek as taking &
> returning an off_t. It will use the 'long' forms when
> _POSIX_V6_ILP32_OFF32 is defined. (Only tested with MacOS 10.5)
>
> Changed posixwin to use _fseeki64, _ftelli64 and _lseeki64.
>
> Note: 'file-position' now ONLY returns integer flonums!

Thanks!

--
When I'm stuck in something boring              John Cowan
where reading would be impossible or            (who loves Asimov too)