Re: [Chicken-users] Need an explanation of egg version dependencies

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Need an explanation of egg version dependencies
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 12:31:24 +0200

* Peter Bex <address@hidden> [091007 12:23]:
> On the short term, just fixing those strings in the affected eggs is
> probably the way to go, but this issue surely deserves some more
> thought.

Also to protect against errors like this, I think henrietta should
at least issue a warning if the version tag and the version indicated
in the setup file mismatch. Since henrietta is already version
control specific at this point I see no problem with this.

Or if not henrietta, maybe as part of salmonella checks? Since the
actual user cannot do anything about it.

Kind regards,

Christian