Re: [Chicken-users] Re: new egg documentation bootstrap

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: new egg documentation bootstrap
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:40:11 +0100

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Mario Domenech Goulart
<address@hidden> wrote:

> How about making henrietta fetch the documentation when serving eggs?
> It's not the optimal solution but it looks simple.
>
> For example, when the user executes
>
>  $ chicken-install spiffy
>
> henrietta would get
> http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/<chicken-major-version>/spiffy, save its
> contents to spiffy.html (maybe could be cached) then give it to
> chicken-install.
>
> Maybe it could even be done by chicken-install itself.

Converting the doc to HTML would be much easier when a few
eggs can be used for that. chicken-install must work with the core
libraries. I think henrietta is possibly the better place to modify.

> It'll probably slow down the egg installation process a little bit, but
> it would free us from the hassle of having to care about the format
> being used.  If there's something at
> http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/<chicken-major-version>/<egg-name>, this
> approach should work, no matter if the docs have been generated via wiki
> or via eggdoc.

Can someone give me the status of how and when the documentation
that uses eggdoc is updated? I darkly remember that Ivan has a cronjob
running for that. Where is the HTML stored?