Re: [Chicken-users] The point of 'provide'

From: Rob Roland
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] The point of 'provide'
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 12:10:26 -0800

I'll admit to being entirely new to this before I reply, but it looks like ##core#require-extension (compiler.scm) is calling ##sys#do-the-right-thing (eval.scm).

##sys#do-the-right-thing is calling import.  Line 1233:

         `((import ,id))    ;XXX make hygienic

I believe the attached patch may do what you mean for it to do.  This is based off the 4.3.0 tarball.

Thanks,

Rob

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
Scripsi:

> There's a bug here, as shown by the traceback:
>
> (##core#begin (##sys#require (quote foo)) (import foo))
>
> This is an attempt to require *and then* import, but it cannot work,
> because import is a macro and does its work at macroexpansion time,
> whereas ##sys#require is a procedure and does its work at runtime.

Specifically, ##core#require-extension should be calling ##sys#import
(which *is* a procedure) rather than plain import.  Unfortunately,
I cannot find the definition of ##core#require-extension.

--
A few times, I did some exuberant stomping about,       John Cowan
like a hippo auditioning for Riverdance, though         address@hidden