Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and threads (can they be disabled)

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken and threads (can they be disabled)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 08:25:21 -0800

Chicken Scheme is an excellent choice for what you're doing, in my
opinion, but it does lack a sufficient interface to Unix syscalls.

I am using it to do asynchronous I/O using non-blocking sockets and
epoll, and it works wonderfully.  What you need to do is use the FFI to
interface with the syscalls you want.  Because the Chicken FFI is so
clean and simple to use, it is a joy.

Thomas