Re: [Chicken-users] utf8 and pdf eggs

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] utf8 and pdf eggs
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 07:46:37 -0800

On Feb 8, 2010, at 4:01 PM, Arthur Maciel wrote:

Hello!

I want to create pdf files that accept characters like "áéíóúç", and I'm using utf8 and pdf eggs. When I create the pdf files following the given examples/test files of pdf egg, requiring and importing utf8 egg, just changing any text to the characters above preceeded by a (->string ...) call, the chars appear as strange pair of characters ("áéÃ-Ã3Ãoç", respectively).'

The UTF-8 Hex of ç (U+00A7) is 0xC3A7 and
à is 0xC3
§ is 0xA7

so the string is just the UTF-8 encoding of your list of Unicode characters.

AFAIK PDF only accepts Unicode strings in restricted circumstance & then only using UTF16-BE encoding.

How can I make it work, please?
Thanks in advance.
Arthur