Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report

From: Mark Carter
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 22:35:14 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message ----
> From: Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden>

> Thanks a lot for your  feedback.

:)

> Installation of eggs proved problematical:
>
> chicken-install loop
> bash: /usr/local/bin/chicken-install: Permission
> denied

> Is there
> any documentation about that bestial Windows behavior?

Yes. I had a little hunt around, and came up with this interesting link:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowssecurity/thread/73f86e9e-928f-40b7-8dd5-27e40db6997e

I haven't fully digested it myself, so I'll probably take a closer look at it
tomorrow. I think the upshot is that we ought to be able to get chicken-install
to work without renaming it - it's a case of sorting out its "manifest".
Windows, don't you just love it.

Regards,
Mark.