Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report

From: Mark Carter
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 23:22:21 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message ----
> From: John Cowan <address@hidden>

> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg04773.html

It seems  there's two approaches: embedding the manifest inside the executable,
or adding a file alongside the executable. I added chicken-install.exe.manifest
(hopefully attached, but reproduced below in case it doesn't work) in
/usr/local/bin, and that made all the problems disappear. The maintainers of
chicken  might prefer the embedded solution approach though, as suggested by
John.

Here's my chicken-install.exe.manifest file, which I simply cribbed from the
Intertubes:
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
  <assemblyIdentity
    version="1.0.0.0"
    processorArchitecture="*"
    name="Actia Name"
    type="win32"/>
  <description> Actia Description</description>
  <ms_asmv2:trustInfo xmlns:ms_asmv2="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
    <ms_asmv2:security>
      <ms_asmv2:requestedPrivileges>
        <ms_asmv2:requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker"
uiAccess="false"></ms_asmv2:requestedExecutionLevel>
      </ms_asmv2:requestedPrivileges>
    </ms_asmv2:security>
  </ms_asmv2:trustInfo>
</assembly>