Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:18:39 +0100

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Mark Carter <address@hidden> wrote:

> Installation of eggs proved problematical:
> chicken-install loop
> bash: /usr/local/bin/chicken-install: Permission denied
>
> To overcome this, I did:
> cp /usr/local/bin/chicken-install.exe /usr/local/bin/chickeni.exe
>
> It is then possible to do:
> chickeni loop
> csi
>> (use loop)

Thanks a lot, Mark! On Vista any program with the names "install" or
"setup" requires
elevation (as described in the excellent and hilarious discussion
thread you point out
in a different mail). In the experimental branch I have actually added
aliases ("chicken-fetch"
and "chicken-remove" as a crude but simple solution to this).