Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Cygwin installation report
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:41:02 +0100

2010/3/13 felix winkelmann <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> Wonderful. Is windres always available on a windows system? If yes,
> we use this solution. Many thanks for the patch.
> [...]

Hello Felix,

windres is part of the GNU compiler toolchain for windows. It should
be part of Mingw32 and Cygwin environments.

As far as I know, the equivalent tools to windres in the Microsoft and
Borland toolchains have different names and command line
arguments. And of course, not every Windows system has development
tools installed at all.

But I guess this is not a problem, since compiling CHICKEN requires a
GNU toolchain anyway, doesn't it?

Ciao,
Thomas