[Chicken-users] Getting C file handle from port?

From: Jeronimo Pellegrini
Subject: [Chicken-users] Getting C file handle from port?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:58:54 -0300

Hello,

Suppose I have an open port:

(let ((in (open-input-file "whatever")))
  (let ((x (read in)))
    ...))

I'd like to switch from using Chicken's read implementation to
something I'd write in C (using the FFI). But I didn't find in
the documentation anything that would allow me to turn a port
into a C file handle.
Is it possible at all?

If not, then I suppose I'd have to also implement some
alternative to open-input-file (which is not bad, although I'd
rather not write an unnecessary procedure :-).

Thanks,
J.