Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Missing documentation for eggs

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Missing documentation for eggs
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:12:32 +0100

Mario Domenech Goulart schrieb:

This script hangs for me, eating up memory while expanding the
big `match' expression (I think). I tested this with 4.4.3 on
Windows (mingw) and 4.4.0 on NetBSD.

I'm using it on a Debian Linux stable (x86) box.  It really takes quite
a long time when interpreted (~7s on a 2.4GHz machine).

Compiling this file on the mentioned machine takes ~34s (-O2).

The binary file generated runs instantly (~0.010s).

I tested it with 4.2.0, 4.3.0 and 4.4.0 and all of them finish in ~7s
when interpreted.

When you say it hangs you mean it takes much longer than 7s (considering
a similar hardware)?

I tested it once more, and it actually runs to completion, but
takes ages to load, so you're completely right. Sorry if this caused
any hassle.

The expander is definitely too slow. I have to work on that.