Re: [Chicken-users] Is there interest in a new egg (fast-io)?

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is there interest in a new egg (fast-io)?
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:41:36 -0400

Hi Jeronimo

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:18:57 -0300 Jeronimo Pellegrini <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've been working on some unsafe fast I/O procedures for my own use,
> and I thought I'd make them an extension, if more people would
> like to use them.

> These are for reading and writing values from/to large files.
> I'll include the benchmarking code with the egg, as well as
> tests.

Would you like an SVN account, so you can check in your code and manage
it?  If so, just send me a private message indicating a username and a
hash of your password, which can be generated with:

  $ openssl passwd -apr1

I'd suggest naming the egg in a way it doesn't sound as general as
"faster I/O primitives".  Maybe it's just me, but when I read "fast-io",
I instinctively think that Chicken's I/O primitives are slow and by
using fast-io I'll get faster I/O for any case.  Again, it's only a
suggestion, maybe it's just me.

Best wishes.
Mario