Re: [Chicken-users] qt & dbus eggs

From: Andrei Barbu
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] qt & dbus eggs
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 01:08:54 -0400

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 23:33, Matthew Welland <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 April 2010 01:23:16 pm Andrei Barbu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working on getting chicken into shape for writing applications on
>> the Nokia N900. I've made a lot of changes to the qt egg over the past
>> few weeks if anyone is interested in a upgraded version.
>
> Yes, very interested! Me and my n900 thank you profusely. Trying it out now.
> Any chance at getting sqlite? How do you plan to handle other eggs?

Sure, it's in the binary mirrors along with its dependencies. You can
just do an apt-get update; apt-get install chicken-sqlite3 . The tests
included in the egg all passed on my n900.

I haven't had a need to make a long term plan for other eggs yet.
Obviously pulling them into my repository is a really bad idea, since
the vast majority won't need any changes. The procedure for creating
new eggs is really easy though, cd to the repository, chicken-install
-r name, debianize-egg/debianize-egg name, if that fails see what
dependency caused it to fail, rise and repeat, and you end up with a
bunch of debs.
I think I'll write a quick script tomorrow to automate the recursive
fetching and pushing into the deb repository, that should pretty much
do it for most of the eggs, and it'll let me purge a few of them from
my source repository.

Andrei