[Chicken-users] Implementing a remote REPL, can't see definitions

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: [Chicken-users] Implementing a remote REPL, can't see definitions
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 17:12:03 -0300

Hello,

I am trying to implement a remote REPL under the iPhone simulator.
After a few false starts (regarding threads and callbacks) I now have
a functional REPL talking to a network socket. So far so good.

However, I cannot evaluate any definitions from the rest of the
program. It seems that I can create new ones, though.

I am not passing any other arguments to eval, so I suppose it is using
(interaction-environment).

How should I proceed? I've looked at CSI's repl, but there's a lot
there I can't understand.

Thanks for any insights.

--Stephen

Sent from my Emacs