Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling files that 'import' eggs that aren't inst

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling files that 'import' eggs that aren't installed?
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 00:14:18 +0200

2010/7/3 Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden>:
> How does one compile a file that requires an extension which is not
> currently installed?  I couldn't find the answer looking at The
> Chicken Manual.  Obviously, the file being compiled does not depend on
> macros from the module, it just depends on it at runtime.
>
> In Chicken 3 this was not an issue.  In Chicken 4, I'm getting:
>
>> Syntax error (import): cannot import from undefined module
> [...]

Hello,

the syntactic form (import ...) needs the relevant import libraries to
be present at compile time, the actual "implementation libraries" do
not have to be installed during compilation and can be loaded at
runtime using the procedure (require ...) from the library unit, for
example.

Ciao,
Thomas