Re: [Chicken-users] clueless about memory consumtion

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] clueless about memory consumtion
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 00:19:18 +0200

2010/7/5 Jörg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> I'm surprised about the memory consumption pattern my chicken program
> exhibits after some hours running.
> [...]
> whereby the difference has a change to be attributed to some
> string->symbol usage.)
> [...]

Hello,

this may be completely irrelevant, but have you tried to run the
program with the -:w runtime switch?

Since unused symbols are not garbage collected by default unless that
switch is active, the combination of memory trouble and string->symbol
usage triggers a warning bell in my head ;-)

Ciao,
Thomas