Re: [Chicken-users] Creating new types and their representation in the

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Creating new types and their representation in the REPL
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:03:37 -0400

2010/7/7 Jack Trades <address@hidden>:

> I'm sure this is a simple question but I can't quite figure it out.  Is
> there a way to get (define-record ...) to print out something other than the
> tag of the record?

You want "define-record-printer", which is a macro taking two
arguments, the name of the record and the name of the procedure to do
the printing.  This procedure must take two arguments, the record to
print and an output stream to print to.

--
GMail doesn't have rotating .sigs, but you can see mine at
http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/signatures