[Chicken-users] 'version' file not being bundled in eggs in Chicken 4?

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] 'version' file not being bundled in eggs in Chicken 4?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 01:22:54 +0200

I seem to recall that in Chicken 3, when an egg did not contain a
'version' file, one would be created automatically with the current
version (based on the name of the subdirectory of the tags directory).
Is this functionality gone from Chicken 4?  I just looked at my recent
eggs (format-compiler, format-compiler-base and embedded-test) and
they don't seem to have this file.  It was convenient to save egg
authors from having to redundantly specify the name of the version.
Maybe we could reinstante this?

Thanks!

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/