[Chicken-users] simple-logging egg

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] simple-logging egg
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:35:56 +0200

I've created another egg for Chicken 4, simple-logging, which provides
a relatively simple interface to log events during the lifespan of a
process.  Events have different severities, with a separate log
generated for each.  The system only keeps a certain size of logs,
with the most recent entries, for each severity (by default it keeps
between 2 and 3MB).  There's more information about it here:

  http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/simple-logging

I've recently started using it for Svnwiki (I'm using the analogous
egg under Chicken 3) and it has greatly helped me understand specific
production issues.  You may want to consider using it for your
applications.

I implemented it based on the main ideas of Logging section that I
added on March to my Principles of Software article (which I have yet
to update, to list this egg):

  http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/principles-of-software#logging

Thanks.

Alejo.