[Chicken-users] getting to grips with multimethods

From: Martin DeMello
Subject: [Chicken-users] getting to grips with multimethods
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:20:24 +0530

Coming from a traditional single-dispatch OOP background, one of the
biggest problems I'm finding with coops's CLOS-style multimethods is
that methods are no longer namespaced by their classes, but leak into
the current namespace. Thus, when I import a module containing some
classes, I have to be aware of all the methods and make sure I don't
have anything clashing with them in the importing code. How do people
generally deal with this?

martin