[Chicken-users] supporting a mingw-cygwin environment

From: Martin DeMello
Subject: [Chicken-users] supporting a mingw-cygwin environment
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 00:31:29 +0530

I tried to compile chicken 4.5.0 under a cygwin-mingw environment
(cygwin with mingw/bin set as the first entry in $PATH) using

make PLATFORM=mingw-msys PREFIX=c:/mingw install

It errored in the middle with

--------
cp -r chicken-uninstall.exe "c:/mingw/bin"
cp -r chicken-status.exe "c:/mingw/bin"
c:/mingw/bin/chicken-install -update-db

Error: (directory) cannot open directory: "/usr/local/lib/chicken/5"
make[1]: [install] Error 1 (ignored)
-------

After the install finishes, csc likewise errors with

-------
$ csc 1.scm

Error: shell command terminated with non-zero exit status 1:
""\usr\local\bin\chicken.exe" "1.scm" -output-file "1.c""
-------

I gave up and installed msys and installed chicken, which then works
fine from cygwin. If someone more experienced than me knows how to fix
this, though, it would be worth supporting the mingw-within-cygwin use
case - I believe it's a reasonably common setup.

martin