[Chicken-users] Qt egg - understanding it

From: Arthur Maciel
Subject: [Chicken-users] Qt egg - understanding it
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 23:15:04 -0300

Felix and all,

after making Qt egg work here I need to understand more about its implementation.

I looked at the code and could not understand a point:
why some widgets available on QtDesigner need to be implemented on C++/Scheme code (like TextEditor) and other do not (like CalendarWidget)? Are the criteria related to the need of use slots of the referred widget?

For example, if I would like to be able to insert text at a QLineEdit I would need to implement it as a valid Scheme widget and create a C++ procedure to perform this task?

Isn't it possible to directly map every procedure/slot of a Qt widget into an equivalent Scheme code?

Thanks,
Arthur