Re: [Chicken-users] Optimizer bug

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Optimizer bug
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:19:48 +0200 (CEST)

From: Sven Hartrumpf <address@hidden>
Subject: [Chicken-users] Optimizer bug
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:52:36 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi all.
>
> Some months ago -optimize-level 2 stopped working for me.
> As -optimize-level 1 still works, inlining must be the culprit (?):
>

> /usr/local/bin/chicken nallch.scm -output-file nallch.c -debug-level 0
> -optimize-level 2
>
> Warning: redefinition of standard binding: symbol->string
>
> Warning: redefinition of extended binding: any?
>
> Warning: redefinition of extended binding: identity

Are these redefinitions genuine or are the warnings bogus?

> Error: (=) bad argument type - not a number: #f
>
>   Call history:
>
>   <syntax>     (string-append (quote "/") (quote #f))
>   <syntax>     (quote "/")
>   <syntax>     (##core#quote "/")
>   <syntax>     (quote #f)
>   <syntax>     (##core#quote #f)
>   <eval>    (string-append (quote "/") (quote #f))
>   <syntax>     (string->number (quote #f))
>   <syntax>     (quote #f)
>   <syntax>     (##core#quote #f)
>   <eval>    (string->number (quote #f)) <--

This is during constant folding. Can you figure out the locations where
such an expression will occur? Passing "-debug o" will given information
about the optimizations done (long).

Alternatively you might pass "-debug 5 >data", but this will produce very
large and awkward output as it dumps the intermediate structure after
every optimization pass.