[Chicken-users] A proposal for the egg index

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: [Chicken-users] A proposal for the egg index
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 22:21:35 +0100

Re http://wiki.call-cc.org/chicken-projects/egg-index-4.html

Here's a few ideas I had. Do people think there's merit in them?

1) Alongside/under the version link for each egg, provide a "browse
source" link to
http://bugs.call-cc.org/browser/release/4/<EGG>/tags/<VERSION> or to
http://bugs.call-cc.org/browser/release/4/<EGG>/trunk if there's no
tags. Perhaps a link to /trunk as well labelled "browse trunk source" if
there IS a tag. This will make it easy for people to dive in and see how
an egg works under the hood.

2) For each egg, a link to
"http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/<EGG>/discussion" or some such, to
encourage user feedback, feature requests, etc.

Where's the tool that generates this page live, anyway? If there's
interest in either of the above, I'm happy to propose a patch.

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
http://www.snell-pym.org.uk/alaric/