Re: [Chicken-users] how to handle http multipart/form-data

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how to handle http multipart/form-data
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:20:14 +0200

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 07:14:30PM +0900, Daishi Kato wrote:
> At Fri, 1 Oct 2010 20:11:03 +0200,
> Peter Bex wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 12:28:45AM +0900, Daishi Kato wrote:
> > > Dear Peter,
> > >
> > > Another question regarding with chicken3->chicken4 porting.
> > > I used the http-server-form-posts egg to handle multipart/form-data,
> > > but the egg is not available (or not compatible) for chicken4.
> > >
> > > How can I deal with mime multipart/form-data?
> >
> > I'm afraid nobody has implemented this yet.
>
> Hmm, too bad.
> How does it make sense to port http-server-form-posts to chicken4?

If I recall correctly, that egg makes the big mistake of reading the
entire post body into memory.  It's slightly better to write to temporary
files and provide an API over that.

It would probably be even better to provide an API that allows the user
to define how to handle the incoming data, but that would require
substantial thinking :)

Cheers,
Peter
--