Re: [Chicken-users] how to handle http multipart/form-data

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how to handle http multipart/form-data
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 09:02:23 -0400

Hi

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:20:14 +0200 Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 07:14:30PM +0900, Daishi Kato wrote:
>> At Fri, 1 Oct 2010 20:11:03 +0200,
>> Peter Bex wrote:

>> > I'm afraid nobody has implemented this yet.
>>
>> Hmm, too bad.
>> How does it make sense to port http-server-form-posts to chicken4?
>
> If I recall correctly, that egg makes the big mistake of reading the
> entire post body into memory.  It's slightly better to write to temporary
> files and provide an API over that.
>
> It would probably be even better to provide an API that allows the user
> to define how to handle the incoming data, but that would require
> substantial thinking :)

Here are some links to other implementations:

Racket:
http://docs.racket-lang.org/web-server/http.html#(def._((lib._web-server/http/request-structs..rkt)._binding~3afile))

Python:
http://github.com/defnull/multipart/

I don't know any of them.  I just had the links bookmarked to take a
look at them one day (which haven't happened so far).

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario