Re: [Chicken-users] how to handle http multipart/form-data

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how to handle http multipart/form-data
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:57:47 +0900

At Mon, 4 Oct 2010 12:20:14 +0200,
Peter Bex wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 07:14:30PM +0900, Daishi Kato wrote:
> > At Fri, 1 Oct 2010 20:11:03 +0200,
> > Peter Bex wrote:

> > > I'm afraid nobody has implemented this yet.
> >
> > Hmm, too bad.
> > How does it make sense to port http-server-form-posts to chicken4?
>
> If I recall correctly, that egg makes the big mistake of reading the
> entire post body into memory.  It's slightly better to write to temporary
> files and provide an API over that.

Yes, that's how it works in chicken3.
I agree that putting everything in memorfy isn't good,
but using temporary files doesn't sound nice.
I wish you find a way to make it port-based, or stream processing.

> It would probably be even better to provide an API that allows the user
> to define how to handle the incoming data, but that would require
> substantial thinking :)

In the meantime, I will hack http-server-form-posts for my own,
because form-data is a must in my project...

Best,
Daishi