Re: [Chicken-users] IUP egg fails to build

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] IUP egg fails to build
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:58:40 +0200

2010/10/10 Matt Gushee <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> When I try to install the iup egg, I get an error message stating that IUP
> was not found. But I definitely have it
> [...]
>> csi> (find-library "callback" "alloc_trampoline_r")
>> #f
>> csi> (find-library "iup" "IupOpen")
>> #t
>> csi> (find-library "iupim" "IupLoadImage")
>> #t
>> csi> (find-library "iupimglib" "IupImageLibOpen")
>> #t
> [...]

Hello Matt,

you're right, this error message is misleading, I will change it. The IUP
egg depends on the ffcall library [1] in order to implement event callbacks
from IUP into Scheme and it cannot work without that library.

To compile the egg you will have to install a development package for the
ffcall library as well as one for IUP or compile ffcall yourself if your
distribution doesn't offer a package for it.

Ciao,
Thomas

[1] http://www.haible.de/bruno/packages-ffcall-README.html