[Chicken-users] Egg authors, please document your eggs!

From: Peter Bex
Subject: [Chicken-users] Egg authors, please document your eggs!
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:22:02 +0200

Hello everybody,

I had a look through the egg index and found that almost 10% of our
eggs (38 out of just under 380) were not documented!

It turned out that quite a few of those (12 eggs) were documented on
the wiki in Chicken 3 but the wiki page was simply not copied to
Chicken 4, so I did that for those eggs.

I also took the liberty of converting documentation of the last few
eggdoc holdouts (openssl, rpc, pandora, sqlite3, pty, sassy) to
the wiki, as the egg index simply doesn't pick up on eggdoc files
anymore and the wiki is the central place for all Chicken documentation.

There are only a few eggs left now which are undocumented.  I'll list
them here, sorted by author to make it easy for egg authors to find
their eggs that still need documenting.

Alex Shinn:
 fast-loop
 special-case

Moritz Heidkamp:
 char-set-literals
 vandusen
 couchdb
 scss

Ivan Raikov:
 endian-port (also Shawn Rutledge?)
 multidoc (also Peter Bex, i.e. myself)
 interval-digraph
 random-test
 signal-diagram
 input-classes
 neuromorpho
 miniML

Jim Ursetto:
 osxattr

Tony Sidaway:
 mw
 mw-core

Joerg Wittenberg:
 high-load-scheduler (also Felix?)

I'm sure for most eggs it simply slipped the author's mind, and for
ported eggs the one who ported probably was either unaware that the
docs needed to be copied or was too busy with getting the code ported
that he forgot about the docs.

So as an aid for egg authors, Mario told me he'll add a documentation
check to Salmonella, so we'll be able to see with a quick glance at
http://tests.call-cc.org which eggs have missing documentation (surely
this can be seen as a bug!).

Cheers,
Peter