Re: [Chicken-users] Installing data files for eggs

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing data files for eggs
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:38:44 -0500

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 01:11, Felix
<address@hidden> wrote:

> IIRC, debian only allows post-installation changes to VARDIR. Does this
> apply to DATADIR as well? Where do you (Peter, Jim) see this data files
> to be copied to on egg-installation?

I have no idea about either VARDIR or DATADIR.  I have just been
installing stuff
into directories under (chicken-home), which on my system is e.g.
"/usr/local/chicken-4/share/chicken".  So chicken-doc stuff goes into
(chicken-home)/chicken-doc.  That's not done by the installer of
course, but I'd like
to get chickadee installing stuff in the same area via the installer.

I see Peter is using (installation-prefix), like (list
(installation-prefix) "share" "chicken" "slatex").  I am not sure if
(list (chicken-home) "slatex") is always correct but it seems to
produce the same results in this case.

Jim