static linking (Re: [Chicken-users] wish-list

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: static linking (Re: [Chicken-users] wish-list
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 01:04:27 +0900

At Wed, 27 Oct 2010 03:12:08 -0400 (EDT),
Felix wrote:

> From: Martin DeMello <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] wish-list
> Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 12:11:59 +0530
>
> > On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Felix
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>
> >> I added a "wish-list" to the wiki to hold stuff that would be nice to
> >> have. This is of course not meant as a replacement for the
> >> bug-tracker, but it may be worthwhile to have a place where to put
> >> more ambitious ideas.
> >>
> >>  http://wiki.call-cc.org/wish-list
> >
> > Good stuff! What is the current state of affairs with respect to this one?
> >
> > * Make it easy to create monoliths with no run-time demands to run on
> > targets without chicken
>
> You can always link statically. Most eggs can be statically linked
> (those that don't can in most cases be converted). Do you have a specific
> example?
>

> cheers,
> felix

felix, are you sure most eggs can be statically linked?
I assume it means chicken-install produces *.o files, correct?

I have the following so installed (I think I'm using all of them),
and only 3 have objects: numbers-static.o openssl-static.o sendfile-static.o.

abnf-charlist.so abnf-consumers.so abnf.so base64.so cgi-handler.so
condition-utils.so datatype.so defstruct.so environments.so hash-let.so
http-client.so iconv.so input-classes.so input-parse.so intarweb.so
internet-message.so iset.so json.so lexgen.so locale-builtin.so
locale-categories.so locale-components.so locale-current.so locale-posix.so
locale-timezone.so locale.so lookup-table-synch.so lookup-table-unsafe-synch.so
lookup-table-unsafe.so lookup-table.so mailbox.so matchable.so md5.so
message-digest-port.so message-digest.so mime.so miscmacros.so moremacros.so
numbers.so numeric-macros.so openssl.so packrat.so record-variants.so
sendfile.so setup-api.so setup-download.so simple-directory-handler.so smtp.so
spiffy-cookies.so spiffy.so srfi-29.so srfi-4-checks.so srfi-4-errors.so
ssax.so ssp-handler.so sxml-transforms.so sxpath-lolevel.so sxpath.so synch.so
txpath.so type-checks.so type-errors.so typeclass.so unicode-char-sets.so
uri-common.so uri-generic.so utf8-case-map.so utf8-lolevel.so utf8-srfi-13.so
utf8-srfi-14.so utf8.so variable-item.so web-scheme-handler.so

I wish I could link them statically.

Best,
Daishi