[Chicken-users] new egg: genturfa'i, a packrat parser

From: Alan Post
Subject: [Chicken-users] new egg: genturfa'i, a packrat parser
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:18:51 -0600

I've just committed the initial version of my first Chicken Scheme
egg.

I began using Chicken Scheme again after reading Chicken Gazette #5.
In that issue a packrat parser was featured.

After trying to use it, I found I wasn't able to use the full range
of PEG grammar expressions.  I wasn't able to contact Tony, the original
author of the packrat egg, but Mario gave me commit access to my own
section of the egg repository.

My packrat parser is now feature-complete with Tony's, with the
exception that my parser only works on ports and strings.  I don't
intend to add a feature to work over arbitrary terminal objects.
Some parts of my parser work the same as his, while other pieces are
quite different.

I have what I hope is much better documentation and more extensive
test cases.  I believe I've got 100% test coverage of the library,
and the egg is fully documented:

  http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/genturfahi

My next step is to write a parser to parse PEG files.  I'm not sure
you'd want to use this egg without being able to express your
grammar in PEG, but should you desire, you now have at least two
options.

-Alan
--
.i ko djuno fi le do sevzi