[Chicken-users] General newbie query about tspl execise

From: Enwin Thun
Subject: [Chicken-users] General newbie query about tspl execise
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 22:39:19 +0530

Please redirect me if this is inappropriate for this forum.

The following code appears in the tspl book.
<http://www.scheme.com/tspl3/start.html#./start:s185>

It is an "implementation of a queue use[ing] a tconc structure".

To put new elements into the end of the list, it is required that the
2 'ignored atoms are really the same.

This makes me curious about how atoms and lists are stored.  I am
looking for a link that explains this in terms of memory addresses,
pointers, etc.  A link for general discussion about memory management
in scheme would also be nice.

Thanks.

(define make-queue
  (lambda ()