Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sequences egg

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: sequences egg
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 03:11:24 -0500 (EST)

> For a Scheme (who would never ever - promised - participate in a
> religious war ;-) the file kinda feels like Felix haven read too much CL
> recently.

Yes, that may be, but being able to use a common API over various
sequences appears to be something that especially newcomers to
chicken might miss, since most dynamic languages more or less do
this. It is not meant pedagogically, and I don't even consider it
a shortcoming of Scheme to chose different names for the same
operation over different sequence-types. But it still may be
useful or make things more accessible.