Re: [Chicken-users] Problems Installing the lookup-table Egg

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems Installing the lookup-table Egg
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:44:14 -0800

On Dec 10, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Ehsanul Hoque wrote:

<snip>

Sorry I hadn't mentioned all this information earlier. I'm using the chicken package from Ubuntu 10.04, so `chicken -version` tells me it's 4.2.0. I suppose it's recommended to compile the latest stable from source?

Well, yes. Due to bug fixes mainly. Also some extensions are "bleeding edge".

Still, within a major version an extension should just work or say why not; explicit component version perhaps. However, I know I fail this test sometimes - as you discovered.

BTW, the updated lookup-table:1.3.2 should be available now.