[Chicken-users] http-client and set-cookie

From: Hugo Arregui
Subject: [Chicken-users] http-client and set-cookie
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 20:04:33 -0300

Hi guys,

I was trying to download and parse a blogspot web, but I had an error:

Error: (string-split) bad argument type - not a string: #f

        Call history:

        uri-generic#uri-port
        uri-generic#uri-scheme
        alist-ref
        uri-common#uri-port
        uri-generic#uri-port
        uri-generic#uri-scheme
        alist-ref
        uri-common#uri-host
        uri-common#uri-host
        raise

using: (with-input-from-request url #f read-string)

I localized the problem, the request header contains:  (set-cookie
#(("blogger_TID" . "XXX") ((httponly . #t))))
and in http-client.scm:299 (process-set-cookie! proc), (get-param
'path c) returns #f

I just check for #f first, and works fine.

Now, my questions:

-it's a bug? I really don't understand what get-param is.
-It's was hard to find the problem because the stack wasn't helpful, i
have to debug by hand, adding prints on egg source and that kind of
things. Is there a better way to do that?

Thanks,
Hugo.